1. Find MARCG Online
You’re off to a great start!
2. Call or email MARCG to discuss your coins
Call us at (859) 276-1551 or email us here so we can discuss your collection and options with you!
3. Let us find the best dealer for you
We know we aren’t the best dealer for every collection. We want to make sure you get the best person in the area to assist you!
We’ve been in business since 1984, at the same location. We know virtually everyone in the numismatic industry in the Lexington area and their specialties plus countless others. In the coin business, we’re all friends and often call on each other for advice. The dealers in the area and their specialties are:
- Mid-American Rare Coin Galleries (US!): 1933 and older US Gold, Rare US coins, large quantities of pre-1964 silver dollars (several hundred)
- Jonathan K Kern Company: Ancients, World coins, various US coins
- Collectors Coin and Jewelry: Everything, a walk-in coin shop
- Louisville Numismatic Exchange: Everything, a walk-in coin shop
Not sure who the best dealer is for your collection? We’re here to help. Call us today and we will answer any question you may have.
Not in Lexington? That’s okay! We work with clients all over the United States. Depending on the client and the collection we have two options.
- Have our President and Owner, Jeff Garrett come to you
- Have your collection securely shipped to us. This may sound scary, but this is the number one way coin dealers conduct business. We are well insured and will take care of you.
4. If it’s us: we will make an appointment
Our appointments come with no obligation to sell your collection to us. To best serve you due to our frequent travel schedule, we go by appointment only. We will work together to find a time Monday-Friday between 9 and 5 that works for you.
5. Get a written offer for everything in your collection
A dealer will appraise your collection while you watch, answering any questions and explaining the steps as they go. The dealer will give you a written offer to consider. We often encourage clients to get multiple offers so you know you’re getting the best price for your collection. Some written offers do depend on the market value of precious metals, and may be subject to adjustment (higher or lower) on the day you return to sell.
6. Sell to Mid-American!
Many clients are confident in our written offer and choose to sell in the appraisal appointment. If that’s not you, no worries! Give us a call and we will happily schedule a followup for you to come back in and sell your collection. We understand this can be a big decision.
7. Write a Google Review about your experience
We hope your Mid-American experience is an pleasant journey. We want to hear from you on Google Reviews.
Feel like there’s something we could have done better? Let us know! The market and consumer expectations are always changing, we want to keep up. To do that, if you have a concern, please bring it to our attention.